Anita Vadgama Roberts
Anita is an experienced international employment lawyer, admitted to practice in the United States and as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Anita has extensive experience providing advice to both employees and employers on both sides of the Atlantic. In particular, she has represented clients in the following areas:
- Discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Termination of employment – unfair, constructive, wrongful, redundancy (collective and individual)
- Misconduct and performance issues
- TUPE and restructurings
- Family leave – maternity, paternity, shared parental leave
- Working Time Regulations, including holiday pay and leave
- Breach of contract – restrictive covenants, mobility clauses and contractual payments
- Employment status – worker, independent contractor, part-time worker, fixed-term employees
- Counselling HR and in-house counsel on a wide spectrum of employment issues, providing pragmatic advice attuned to the needs of the business
- Expatriate and secondment agreements
- Title VII and Title IX claims.
Anita is admitted to the Massachusetts Bar and the Massachusetts District Court and worked in Boston for five years for the leading employment and labor law firm Littler Mendelson. Prior to this, she was a senior solicitor for the leading trade union law firm Thompson Solicitors in London specialising in employment law for 10 years.
Anita has a BA (Hons) in Economics and Geography from the University of Leeds and completed a Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course from College of Law, York. In 2007, she completed an LLM in American Law at Boston University School of Law.